The picture above was my gift to Tater for Father’s Day (really a gift for me instead). We needed some pictures around of him and the kids. A lot of our images have been bright and cheerful lately, so I was ready for something more moody and serious.

I asked Landon what he wanted to give daddy for Father’s Day. Right away he knew what he wanted to give. With a big grin on his face he replied,  “I want to give him a water gun so we can get each other in the yard!”  So we went out and bought 2 water guns. I was bound and determined to keep this gift a secret considering what happened for Mothers’s Day.

For Mother’s Day Landon said that he and daddy had a secret gift for me. One day they had me stay in the truck in Lowe’s parking lot with the girls. When they returned, Landon exclaimed, “We couldn’t find your rain boots anywhere!” Hmm… it wasn’t hard for me to figure out what my present was going to be. 😉

I told Landon, “You have to be very careful not to say anything.” He did real good until two nights ago. We were saying our bedtime prayers and Landon was praying outloud…  “… And thank you for the water guns.” Instantly I could see the smirk come across Tater’s face. So I said to Landon, “You can’t tell daddy about that, remember?” To which Landon replied, “Oh, I didn’t Mom; I just said it in my prayer.”

May you all have a wonderful Father’s Day!

“Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.” Philippians 4:20

1. Marie June 20th, 2009 7:48 am

Landon you are so cute!!! Have lots of fun with that water gun~Great pictures by the way also!
    Marie

2. Mom Kruse June 20th, 2009 8:17 am

Wow!!! I thought I wouldn’t like this as well when you told me it would be serious. You know how I am about bright and cheerful 😉 I love it!!!! You did a GREAT JOB on getting those expressions on the kid’s faces. Happy Father’s Day Tater! Love, Mom Kruse

3. Mindy June 20th, 2009 8:53 am

That is so funny! I’ll remember not to tell Landon any secrets! 🙂

4. Denise June 20th, 2009 8:57 am

The picture is beautiful! I love the stories:) Happy Father’s Day Tater! You are an excellent Dad!

5. Sara June 20th, 2009 9:25 am

I just love how kids think, great story! Great picture as well! Tater, I agree with Denise, you are such a great daddy. Love you!

6. Ed Hohulin June 20th, 2009 9:32 am

Beautiful picture and Happy Father’s Day, Tater! I have to say that the first mental image that I had when I saw this was you being able to keep a straight face for just long enough to get the picture, and then cracking up with the kids 😉

7. Jan June 20th, 2009 9:41 am

Love your picture!!! The story is too funny!!! I’m thinking that you are probably going to have to buy the presents a day before or just tell him the day before from now on. But then you wouldn’t have these funny stories to tell. Love you guys, Jan

8. D. June 21st, 2009 8:36 pm

Happy Father’s Day Tate! Love the picture it is so sweet! Love you guys!

9. Sharon June 22nd, 2009 9:48 am

How cute!! the picture is great and the story very worth recording for later! Love you all, Sharon