I had envisioned a Valentine photo shoot with lots of color and fun. Tater was on board and even DVR’d the Super Bowl so that we could get the shoot in before the kids bedtime. These images capture only the beginning of the great time we had together. Any guesses on how this might end up?

We want your guesses!!! The most detailed, accurate description of what happens after these shots were taken, gets a sweet surprise from us! Winner will be determined by us on 2/14/11.

We will be watching your comments! 😉

*comments can be here on the blog or on facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Roots-Photography-Design/46003879660

1. Marla H. February 9th, 2011 11:58 pm

The kids covered their hands and feet with washable Crayola paint. They used brushes too, but just not as much as their hands and feet. The kids then, painted a gigantic Valentine to either the Grandparents or some other family member. In the end they had a paint fight! You captured it all and are going to share it with us on Valentine’s Day! I really have no clue though! 🙂

2. Wendy V. February 10th, 2011 12:05 am

Hmmm…I think the hearts they were going to paint on the paper ended up all over them! I envision adorable little children covered in an obscene amount of paint! Can’t wait to see!!!

3. Miranda February 10th, 2011 8:35 am

I’m invisioning of lots of bright colors not only on the “walls” but all over those cute little fingers and toes… hurry I can’t wait to see!! =)

4. Mindy February 10th, 2011 8:46 am

I think the kids starting painting their valentines, then starting painting each other. THEN to be even funnier they started painting YOU two! I’m envisioning a big bright colored mess!

5. Jessie February 10th, 2011 8:48 am

I’m gonna say.. that they painted their feet and made foot prints and finger prints on the paper.:)Then, paint ends up everywhere;) Can’t wait to see!!! Great pics!

6. Joy February 10th, 2011 9:19 am

I am guessing that paint was flying everywhere. And that you and Tater jumped in on the fun. Everyone covered… And they will be darling pictures as always!!!!

7. Kristi February 10th, 2011 9:43 am

Oh my. Paint brushes and white paper. I can only imagine. You two were probably wonderful parents and let them paint all over the studio white paper. Paint fight and you two probably started it. 🙂

8. Marie February 10th, 2011 10:28 am

Paint is gonna be all over for sure! Landon will have it all over his bare belly and I envision foot and hand prints all over each other and the paper or whatever they were allowed to touch. 🙂 Such sweet fun memories you make when doing pictures!

9. Aubree Cottone February 10th, 2011 11:19 am

Well with paint and paint brushes and white backdrop, I can imagine that you all had a blast! They probably started to paint a Valentine’s message with lots of colorful hearts and then with the parents hinting and encouragement, they started to paint a little on each other and themselves, then a full blown painting session arose. Hands, feet, face, and tummies painted. They became the Valentine themselves. Can’t wait to see the entire family painted as the Valentine. Great pics so far 🙂

10. Denise February 10th, 2011 11:21 am

I am agreeing – paint everywhere! I also envision the kids being stripped down to paint these valentines. Paint in their hair for sure, faces, bodies, paper, anything they could touch. Tater will be involved in this and I would guess you would have liked to, but somebody had to be clean to shoot the pictures. Maybe at the end, you joined in the fun and set the timer for a super, fun and messy group shot! Hoping to see and hoping that even Paisley got a little messy – her pictures are always so adorable – baby painted feet are super cute! One more thing, I can see War Paint (or football player paint – under the eyes, whatever you call it…) on the faces:)

So Fun!

11. Denise February 10th, 2011 11:23 am

Also hoping that maybe Briana painted some “chappy” on!

12. Amber February 10th, 2011 12:41 pm

SO I think everyone has a certain idea as to “what” eventually happened (but then again, with you guys, maybe not). : ) But I don’t think it ever starts off all that sweet. : ) I think it goes straight to a paint fight (probably with Tater leading the way). I see paint flying and splattering and lots of giggling (well, and maybe a tear or two if someone gets paint in their eyes). : ) And I would guess that Paisley at least got a heart on her cheek or something fun to join the gang. And knowing you guys, you also found a Bible verse to sum up your fun.

Hmm – can I just send my girls to your house for valentine’s day? I think they’d have more fun. : )

Although I thought, watch, they just painted sweet valentine’s day cards for the grandma’s just to throw us all off track. : )

I’m so excited to see the pictures with a story!

13. Dannelle February 10th, 2011 1:40 pm

Seeing that long paint brush, and having a boy involved, I see a trip to the ER with a new weapon! 🙂

14. Brooke February 10th, 2011 1:50 pm

My first thoughts were pretty much everyone else’s! But maybe we see some painted lips along with the painted bodies, as that seems right up B’s alley… and colorful kisses everywhere. I’ll be interested to see!

Oh my, I want to squeeze Paisley’s yummy cheeks!

15. Diann February 10th, 2011 1:57 pm

Landon gets a painted tummy. The girls get painted legs and arms, and they all get a little in their hair and on their faces. You and Tater get in on it too. Maybe the whole family ends up body painting. (With clothes on of course, although with Tater he might be in his skivvies.) 🙂 How Fun!

16. Ashley Baner February 10th, 2011 4:20 pm

I would like to go with the obvious paint fight but if this were my kids someone would be getting poked, possibly by accident, and started to cry. Then they would do something to make the next one cry and by the end everyone would be crying. If you let them paint everywhere then you are two amazing parents! It has never even entered my brain to give my kids some paint and let them go!!!!

17. Geege February 10th, 2011 6:03 pm

OK here is my guess. 🙂 You brought some snow in and painted it and then had a party pretending you were on vacation in Florida and made a beach scene. You do such fun things and are so creative.

18. g-ma d February 10th, 2011 6:25 pm

First you started painting hearts on all kids faces, then a big heart on Landon’s stomach, hearts on each of the bottoms of their feet, arms legs etc. I can’t imagine where it went from there. I can’t wait to see the final result.

19. April February 10th, 2011 7:19 pm

Is that white paint already on Paisley’s lips that I see? 😉 (on her individual pic) I say the kids have no paint on them at all! Only a pic of Haley and Tater with paint all over them! 🙂

20. Carmen R February 11th, 2011 8:48 am

I’m sure that somebody put this already, but I’ll wait to find out until after I make my guess. I think an all out paint war ensued, that was started by Tater and Haley painting each other and then getting the kiddos involved too. 🙂 Your ideas are so fun, I love to read your blog.

21. Debbi February 11th, 2011 5:35 pm