I remember the excitement I had when I received my class list for my first year of teaching. It was for first grade at Peoria Christian School. I remember looking down at all of their pictures. They seemed SO little to me. I was so excited to find out about them and their personalities.
I remember the nervousness I had as the first day of school began. I wanted to be the best teacher for these kids.
I remember the students as they came into the classroom. Some entered the room joyfully while others clung to their parents unsure of what was ahead.

As the school year went on we made great memories, friendships, and hopefully I taught them something along the way. My room moms were awesome, and I still have to this day an album that they made me of pictures throughout the year capturing fun moments that we had.

Believe it or not, my 1st first grade class is now in high school and they can drive!!!! I seriously feel that it was yesterday when I watched a special little boy run out to his mommy everyday after school and give her a hug. That “little boy” is now all grown up, and I am friends with him on Facebook. It is crazy how life changes and how quickly time goes by.
I had 3 wonderful years of teaching first grade, and I am so thankful for the students that I have been able to keep in contact with. Those kids have changed my life, and I am so blessed for the memories that they have given me.
Here is my first class of 1st graders in front of the school.Here is my second year of teaching. This was jog-a-thon day.My third year of teaching. It was the 100th day of school. Shortly after my third year, Tater and I moved to Bloomington and began having children of our own.

Now OUR little boy is entering the 1st grade world. I know how quickly time goes, and I am sad but happy for him to begin another school year. Pretty soon HE will be in high school with his drivers license, but until then we are capturing and enjoying this time in our little boy’s life!

He loves to run! Being a boy… He does it well considering he lives with a lot of girls.His notorious monkey run. He seriously runs like this a lot and goes really fast.

16 Comments so far

1. Joy August 18th, 2011 7:09 am

WOW – that’s all I got, is just WOW!!!

2. Kylie August 18th, 2011 7:16 am

Just sooo gorgeous!! He’s such a handsome little boy! And yes Haley you are right – you will blink and he’ll be driving in the driveway! Beautiful images as usual.

3. Marilyn August 18th, 2011 7:23 am

you guys are so great at capturing each person’s personality on film! Love them all!

4. Grandpa and Grandma Kruse August 18th, 2011 7:43 am

Well…I have tears in my eyes. I just love that boy! I want to give him a BIG GRANDMA HUG! These pictures capture his personality so well. I love his “monkey run”…hope you have lots of videos of that. He is sooo fast! I got so sentimental looking at your class pics….remembering those cute students and hearing of your special days with them and of course, setting up the classroom for the first time! 🙂 Tater and Haley…once again, GREAT JOB! xox

5. Angie Shaver August 18th, 2011 7:44 am

I got tears in my eyes when I saw that first picture. Amelia & Kaitlyn loved having you as their teacher. You hold a special place in all of our hearts. Yes, time does go by so fast! Your little boy is so precious! It’s wonderful to see you enjoying the time you have with him! They are such great blessings from God.

6. Marie August 18th, 2011 7:45 am

Love it Landon! I’m thinking you will be a awesome runner than for track some day! The kids are excited and just last night Kaden was asking if he could still come pick you up from class after school. Told him probably not because you were all grown up and in FIRST grade this year! Have a great year buddy!

7. Gma August 18th, 2011 8:55 am

They really do grow up very fast. Enjoy every moment. I thoroughly cherish all my children,grandchildren and great grands. Thank you for sharing your pics and memories. Landon — Your pictures are great. Have a good year and do well in school. Love you all. G-ma/Great G-ma

8. Amber August 18th, 2011 9:11 am

Love these photos – you guys do such an awesome job of capturing WHO your kids are in the photos. Totally scary thought? All I kept thinking as I looked at these is:” I cant totally imagine his senior pictures right now. ” : )

9. Amber August 18th, 2011 9:11 am

I mean CAN totally imagine : )

10. Aubree August 18th, 2011 9:28 am

those are such great pics! Such a happy guy! Love the scenery! Good luck with the school year. Keep up the great pics. Love looking at them!

11. Denise August 18th, 2011 10:11 am

Awesome!
    Love the monkey run!
    Good Luck in 1st grade Landon.

12. Heidi August 18th, 2011 3:23 pm

Great pics, Haley! I remember going to visit your classroom and how cute you had it decorated!! I can’t believe our boys are in first grade!!! I really wish we could freeze time right now. They are at such a fun age. Landon will have to show us his monkey run sometime! I am sure Kyler would love it!

13. Emily August 18th, 2011 4:57 pm

Love all your old pictures of your classes from PC…and your Landon is just adorable!

14. Elizabeth August 19th, 2011 7:39 am

Haley, it touched my heart seeing my Christopher in your old class photos! It seems like just a couple of weeks ago he was in first grade…..time has gone by so fast. You were a wonderful teacher! I’m glad we have FB to keep in touch….I enjoy seeing photos of your precious children!

15. Mindy August 19th, 2011 8:25 am

Awesome pictures!! Landon is such a stud. 🙂

16. […] editing some summer pictures of the kids. After an enjoyable evening in downtown Bloomington doing Landon’s photo shoot, we set the girls down to grab a few of the entire group. Even though their outfits were not […]