… or so we thought. It is hard balancing 4 kids, a photography business, Tater’s medical career, and life in general, so we told my parents that we were going to take this year “off” from doing their Christmas card. To say my mom LOVES pictures is an understatement. She definitely takes more pictures than all of us, and we are always asking her for her pictures. 🙂

As Christmas got closer, I noticed that she totally understood our situation, but I knew she wanted one done. As we thought about our parents and how blessed we were to have them, I realized, “How could I not do one for them!?!”… They do so much for us!!

I love watching my parents with all of these kids. My dad who sits on the floor playing ball or tickling them. Just the other day he was playing hide and seek with our girls and all I heard was giggles. It was priceless. My mom who makes them fun snacks and now I hear my kids say, “Will you turn my pbj sandwich into a flower just like grandma does it?” She also does a fantastic job organizing family get togethers and meeting the needs of all the kids. We are so blessed to have fantastic parents, and our kids are blessed to have them too! So here we go… this year’s Christmas card for them with their 10 grandchildren… that really did happen. 🙂

1. Amber December 23rd, 2011 9:47 am

Their card is as cheerful as your mom always is : )

So cute!

2. Marcia Rink December 23rd, 2011 10:02 am

Each year, I look so forward to your Christmas card Gerry and Doug! This year I believe is my favorite!! You have been SOOOO blessed with your 10 darling grand=children and I know, you both know this 😉 God is JUST Amazing, isn’t HE! Just an Incredible “AMOUNT” to be thankful for!Wishing you and yours a Beautiful Blessed Christmas and a Healthy Happy 2012, New Year!
    Our Love & Prayers, Always… M&J
    ** beautiful job, kids **

3. g-ma d. December 23rd, 2011 10:34 am

What can I say? We are sooo BLESSED!!!!

4. ellen December 23rd, 2011 10:57 am

This card touched me so much, that I actually picked up the phone and called Gerry. If you know me at all, that’s saying something! It made me smile, feel all warm and fuzzy, and yes, I even got a little “green”. It’s so wonderful that everyone was willing to be there, bundle up and smile. Thanks for sharing your blessings with us all.
    Your sis in the east

5. Emily December 23rd, 2011 11:03 am

Glad it happened 🙂 You make your Mom’s day, I’m sure! You all have a great family!

6. Mom K. December 23rd, 2011 11:17 am

Yes! Yes! Yes! Emily it DID make my day and year! 🙂 Thank you so much Tater and Haley for doing this for us. We appreciate it more than you know. You were so nice in how you told the story…made it sound like I didn’t almost beg for you to take the pic. 😉 xox

7. Christie Zeller December 23rd, 2011 11:50 am

Loved the picture as always…but I would agree this is my favorite! What a beautiful family as I already knew!! God truly has blessed us all with darling grandchildren. Lots of love and Christmas blessings with your family., Christie

8. Cousin Debbi December 23rd, 2011 4:29 pm

I, too, had to pick up the phone and call Grandma Gerry. This was after I stared at the wonderful two-sided card for quite some time. I love everything about it. Hats, clothes, smiles, and especially the Grandpa and Grandma surrounded by those precious Grandkids! Life is Good. Love to all of you. XOXOXO

9. Becky Sauder December 24th, 2011 8:38 am

I always look so forward to your wonderful picture/Christmas card. Your family is precious! Gerry, you are beautiful inside and out! Love you! Becky

10. Cousin Gail December 25th, 2011 10:05 am

Hi Ger,

This is the most adorable card ever!!! I go back to my Christmas card basket just to check it out, one more time 🙂 I’m thankful your kids found the time. The hats are so cute, the grandbabies more so.

Thanks, love you,

me

11. margieackerman December 26th, 2011 10:44 am

Wow, I was so surprised when I got this beautiful card in the mail as Gerry told me it wasn’t going to happen this year. I love all my cards, but this one is certainly at the top of the list. Thanks for taking the time to do this super deed for your parents and for all of us that received that family photo. I hang this up on my bulletin board to enjoy the whole year through. Happy New Year…

12. Denise December 27th, 2011 1:14 pm

Great card, love the look and colors! Glad it happened:)

13. julie bahr December 27th, 2011 10:17 pm

Love, Love, Love the picture! Everyone who was at my house this Christmas noticed it first off! Such a tribute to family AND TALENT!!! LET GOD BLESS YOU EVERYONE!!
    Julie (&Brian) Bahr