1/2 year project: Clearing out fence line, fixing fence boards, and painting the fence.

 

Our fence needed painting.

 

There was way too much brush, poison ivy and thorns to be able to get to the back of the fence to paint it the way it should be. We spent all last spring clearing out our back fence line. We all got pricks. Tater had a black locust thorn pierce him really bad and some poison ivy all over his body, but he didn’t complain and kept at it.

 

There were also areas where the fence needed fixing or new boards. Tater did that too. The kids and I tried to be his assistants. 

 

I spy Tater.

 

 

Adding to our burn pile.

 

Our horse loving girl keeping us company and hanging by our side.

 

Here is what it looked like before.

 

Here is what it looked like after we cleaned it up.

 

 

On to fixing boards and painting. Just like the house, this job was more fun because you saw immediate results. I wire brushed the entire fence line beforehand to remove flaking paint. Tater sprayed the fence with paint, and I went behind him with a paintbrush to get in the cracks and small areas. The fence seemed to go on and on. We worked on painting the fence for several months (Fall 2016).

 

Right side – done.

Left side – not done.

 

Making our way around.

 

Another trip to Lowes for more paint.

 

 

Loving the change!

 

Notice all the trees past our property line behind the fence.

 

Shortly after we cleared our several feet beyond our fence (as we were painting the outside of our fence) our neighbors cleared their land to use to farm. This was a surprise for us and definitely changed our view.

 

Checking out all the trees that were down behind us.

 

It opened everything up a lot more.

 

White fence, new extended view, and blue sky. We’ll take it!


No comments yet. Be the first.

Leave a reply